African Bureau Stories is a children's publishing house that produces delightful children's books by African writers and illustrators. Our stories are fun, relatable and entertaining. We make our books with a team of talented African writers and illustrators who pour a lot of heart into each of our titles. From Ghana, to Tanzania to South Africa, we bring contemporary stories from across the African continent. Our goal is to delight our readers and take them on a journey into a world of stories too good to forget.
Our physical location is in Accra, Ghana, and from here we spread our tentacles across the entire African continent and the world to find and publish the very best African stories for children everywhere. Our sister organization, Golden Baobab, is a literary non profit organization that discovers, nurtures and celebrates talented African writers and illustrators of children’s stories.
At African Bureau Stories we believe it is possible to build a profitable business while doing good. We pursue this mission by building partnerships with individuals and companies who believe, like us, that giving a child the gift of reading is handing the child a life-changing tool. Every child deserves this gift.
We are deeply committed to the battle against childhood illiteracy in Africa. We believe in the power of storybooks to show children around the world the fullness and beauty of different cultures.
Our books are available in Ghana at the following retail outlets
If interested in stocking our titles, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/whatsapp us on +233 55 870 3417.
- Vidya Bookstore, Osu, Phone Number: 0302 762704
- EPP Books Services, Legon, Phone Number: 0289 711100
- Methodist Book Depot, Accra, Phone Number: 0577 906749
- Wild Gecko, Terminal 3 Airport, Phone Number: 0302 508500
- Wild Gecko, Near Gulf House, Dzorwulu, Phone Number: 0302 508500
- Walking Books, Phone Number: 0242808031
Kumasi, Takoradi & Tarkwa
- Methodist Book Depot, Phone Number: 0577 906749
- The BlogThoughts, musings, and ruminations.There are no published blog posts yet.